diumenge, 14 de febrer del 2010

Undergraduate Math Problems

VIDEO


POWER POINT

SELF-EVALUATION

Presentation-9
I used a power point as a resource which was focused on the topic and actually supported my oral presentation, especially when I explained the problems. The timing was fine, between 5 and 10 minutes.
Body language&eye contact-8

Although I looked at the audience most of the time, I think I looked too much to the screen. I suppose it's because you feel more secure as some clues are writen in the power point. I didn't even have my notes so I didn't read from them. As for the gestures, I did lots with my hands, I can't avoid it!lol
Structure-9

I did a little introduction explaining the objectives and the structure of the project for them to know what it was about and not to lose during the presentation. I actually used many discourse maekers such as
firstl of all, secondly, at last, then, finally... I think that my conclusions were clear. Content-40
Obvioulsy, the information I introduced to the audience was new, detailed and extensive. I think that the overall message was clear.
Language-17

In my opinion the grammar was correct and the vocabulary was quite rich and varied. I looked for synonims, technical words and topic-related expressions. I used many connectors (moreover, also, furthermore, nevertheless, despite of, yet....) and some fillers (well, so, right, I mean...) Pronunciation&Intonation-8
I think that my pronunciation was comprehensible and my tone of voice was fine. Maybe I ought to have spoken more fluidly.


So finally if I were the tacher I would get a
91.

2 comentaris:

Lau!* ha dit...

Wow! Your research project was very...difficult but at the same time surprising. Only with the title, undergraduate math problems your mouth was open at least 2 minutes. But personally I enjoyed your oral presentation. I think that you deserve higher in your pronunciation

Clàudia ha dit...

Hi my S'*! ;)
woaah, you surprised me a lot with your research project! Well, I knew you would do a fantastic work, but you know.. I wouldn't have been able to do it! I think your project was a little bit stressful and complicated, because you investigated fields you didn't know anything, so you had to work a lot before doing a problem.