dissabte, 8 de maig del 2010

New study: sleeping consistently less than six hours can kill you

Researchers from the UK and Italy have filed a new study with new information about the link there is between the hours you sleep and the risk of dying prematurely. The academics saw that people who sleep consistently less than six hour per night are 12% more bound to a premature death. Nevertheless, sleeping more than nine hours is neither good for our health. Consequently, spleeping generally from six to eight hours per night might be optimal if you want to enjoy a long life.

This is a very interesting infromation, don't you think? Just by checking the hours you sleep per night you're lenghtening your life. It's truly helpful to know how many hours you should sleep for having a healthier life.
For instance, now we're in our last week of batxillerat and some of won't probably sleep eight hours owing to the huge amount of exams we have. I usually sleep between seven and eight hours per night. However, on an exams' week I may sleep less. So now that I know the medium period of time I should sleep, maybe I'll go to bed earlier in order to be more alert next morning.
On the other hand, I have to confess I normally sleep more than nine hours per night during the weekend. It's something I can't manage. Despite of promising myself I'll wake up early next morning so as to have time to study, then I get as late as usual. So I hope this study affects my concience!lool
Even so, the point is: will we continue sleeping the same hours as we did, or will we change our habits?

[Resource: short news]

2 comentaris:

laurapenkert ha dit...

wow, I didn’t know too much sleep is bad for one’s health! I try to sleep the most I can; during the week this may be 7-8 hours, and I normally have a little siesta to recreate from the morning in school. But on the weekend I sleep very long in the mornings! I think this sets me up again after an exhausting week, and I feel I need the rest.
So see you then on Monday at 8 (what a bad time to start doing maths...) ;p

Uri ha dit...

Tell it to Frankie! LoL