dimarts, 11 de maig del 2010

My English Competence in 2010

I have chosen the oral presentation of my research project as the best oral evidence, whereas my the last informal letter we did as the best written obviusness.
First of all, I have chosen the second presentation of this course because of many reasons. It was about the project I had been working on since last summer so I perfectly knew what was I saying. Moreover, I had already done the oral presentation of the research paper in English. Therefore, my pronounciation was very accurate and the nerves weren't present. On account of the specific topic it was about, it was full of technical words as well as linking words and a complex grammar.
Secondly, I think that my best written evidence is the informal letter about a doctor without borders because it's very-well adapted to what was asked for. I mean, it satisfies the structure, the vocabulary and the grammar demanded by an informal letter. For instance, I used a familiar greeting (hello mummy and daddy!), verbs which expressed my feelings, phrasal verbs and some typical expressions of this type of compositions such as 'see you son!' or 'love'.
All in all, I think that the result is totally visible when you really work on what you're doing.

4 comentaris:

Nil ha dit...

Hi Júlia,

I've to say that every day you surprise me so much, I mean your level in english, maths, spanish, chemistry, well in all the subjects is incredible. I try to find value tu study hard but I guess I'm so much lazy. In a future you'll be able to do very excepcional things and I'm very proud to be your friend^^.

Take care Júlia!

Clàudia ha dit...

My lovely S'*
I've said to you many times in Catalan.. you know I'll miss you A LOT next year in class. yet, I know we'll be intouch for lots and lots of years.
LOVE YOU :)

laurapenkert ha dit...

Hey Júlia!
I’ll remember you as a great classmate, I think we’re at a similar level and that makes me feel connected with you. I’ll remember you went to Chester like me, your laughs in class, your help in Physics and English…
I hope you reach all your objectives, good luck!

sguilana ha dit...

Dear Júlia,
It's been a great pleasure to share this year with you. Your hard work and positive energy got the whole class going.
Hope you fulfill your dreams and get the world going a bit more organized too, with some design you make up...
Good luck!! :)